Friday, October 31, 2014

The Program by Suzanne Young

Title: The Program
Author: Suzanne Young
Student reviewer: Olga Vargas
Teacher: Mrs. Daughtrey

About this book

The book is about a place where suicide is an epidemic and a girl called Sloane is just trying to survive without getting sent to the program. The Program is a facility where you get sent if you are showing signs of Depression and they erase all of your memories that caused your depression.

What I liked about the book most was that it was romantic. I didn't like that the story just ended and I wanted to hear more about it.

Sloane is my favorite character because she is very smart and tough. Smart because she was smart enough to not get caught crying. She's tough because when she got out of The Program she was very tough because she handled being lost and having one memory but no reason to it.

A line that meant a lot to me says, "It's a ring. A pink plastic heart similar to the one I'd found in my mattress." I loved this line because in the beginning of the book he gave her a purple ring and when I read this line I just thought it was sweet because her mom said to her when James got sent to The Program "If it's meant to be, you'll find each other again." Funny thing is that they did find each other again.  

I feel this book is different than any other I've read because I've never read about teenagers being sent to a facility and having their memories erased.

I think others should read this book because its just perfect and I feel like you'll just love it.

The thing I want to know most at the end is “What happens next...?”

I think the story was amazing and I don't want to spoil it for anyone so all I say is check it out.

(Librarian note:  there is a sequel to this book called The Treatment and we have it in the Saint Library!  The third book in the trilogy will be released in 2015.)

No comments:

Post a Comment