Thursday, March 26, 2015

Eleanor and Park

Book:  Eleanor and Park
Author:  Rainbow Rowell
Student reviewer:  Maria Cisneros


In Eleanor and Park, two sixteen year old misfits fall in love and battle through everything to be together. They break apart but destiny brings them back together.


One of the things that I liked most about this novel is the characters’ uniqueness.  I also liked how their love story did not end in the typical happily-ever-after story. But, the ending left me wanting to know more about what was about to happen.


One of my favorite characters is Tina because she is not what other characters make her seem to be. Some of the other characters make her seem like she is evil but at the end she helps Eleanor.


One scene that really stood out to me is when Eleanor gets on the bus and she is seen as the new student and a misfit, not really belonging anywhere with no friends. I feel like we can all identify with being the new kid and having that feeling that we don't belong anywhere.


One of the things that makes this book stand out from others is that the love story is not the typical happily ever after or the cliched  Romeo and Juliet story either. It has a mixture of sad and happy moments.


I would recommend this book to anyone because it is a great book and it gives a different perspective on a love story.



No comments:

Post a Comment