Monday, September 28, 2015

Promposal

Title: Promposal
Author: Rhonda Helms
Reviewer: Aspen T.

Promposal is about a Camilla, a girl who wants her crush of over three years to ask her to prom, but she is instead asked by an irritating friend in another class. Camilla's best friend Joshua has been in love with his friend Ethan for years and wants to ask him to prom, but Ethan wants help asking another person.
I love how the chapters switch between Camilla's POV and Joshua's POV. I love how they are faced with problems along the way and stay strong and learn from their mistakes to have a happy ending. I honestly did not dislike anything!
            
My favorite character was Joshua! I love this sassy personality and his ability to help others because it is the right thing to do even when he needs help too.
         
I think one of the biggest things was that Joshua was able to put his long term feelings aside to help his friend find love. Even when he knew it would hurt himself, he did it because he loved his friend. I've never read a book about prom, but I loved reading the different "promposals" and the different intricate friendships between the different characters and how they handled their problems. I haven't really read a book with so many problems happening between all the characters and it was nice to see them all work it all out.             After I finished, I wondered what happened after the prom with all the friends and how their relationships play out. It was an abrupt ending that left me wanting more!

I would recommend this book to everyone and tell them about its great humor, romance, funny "promposals" and interesting and unique characters. I would definitely recommend this book to my friends. It was an amazing book and I related to the characters with not only their grade, but some of their problems as well. It’s a great book with funny one-liners and interesting characters that made me fall in love with not only them, but the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment