Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Antigoddess

Title:   Antigoddess
Author:  Kendare Blake
Reviewed by Coleson B.

The Goddess Athena and the God Hermes are traveling the world to find allies and enemies and their search brings them to an ordinary girl Cassandra. Cassandra doesn't really concern herself with Gods nor does she believe in them, until she finds out she could be the key in a war that is only just beginning.

I liked this book because gods are supposed to be immortal and not able to die but Athena is choking on feathers and Hermes is withering away before Athena's eyes. I think that it is a great twist in Greek mythology.       

I think that when you started reading it was a little bit boring and it took a long time to get to the point but besides that I really liked it.    My favorite character is Cassandra because she thinks she is just an ordinary 18 year-old girl but really she once was the prophetess Cassandra of Troy and Athena, Hermes, and Demeter need her because she could be the key to the goddess war. My favorite part was at the end when Cassandra, Athena, Odysseus, and Hermes were in the cemetery mourning Andie and Henry. They were proud to have died heroes.

This book is totally different from books I normally read. I normally read mystery, thriller, and horror books so this was a good change for me. I have never read a book about gods and goddesses but I'm glad I did because I really liked it.  After finishing, I want to know how ancient gods came to the modern world so quick and if they didn't come back from ancient times and they live in the modern world, how do they still look so young?  
                      

I would tell other people that they need to read this book because it is a mythical roller coaster ride about gods and goddesses, and I liked it very much.  I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys suspense and likes to read things about gods and goddesses because Kendare Blake is a brilliant writer and made an extraordinary piece of work and it was great to have read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment